After Wicak’s father came home from the Hospital –after a stroke episode that leaves him paralyzed on the right side and unable to talk coherently– I prepared some meal for lunch with our Brothers and Sister.
Originally i had plan to make a simple Stir-Fried Water Spinach, with just garlic and some basic ingredients thrown in. But plans changed (happily) and decided to make this spicy variation. It was made to be a very spicy and hot, hence the name Sambal.
The chillies and tomatoes in this recipe intentionally outnumbers the Kangkung. So leftover sauce can still be used for dipping fried tempe/soybean cake, tahu/tofu or just poured on some white rice.
Have Fun! 🙂
- 2 bunches water spinach, remove the stems from the leaves, wash
- 10 red chilies, slice crossly
- 1 red tomato, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok, saute garlic until fragrant
- Add red chilies and tomato, stir fry for 2 minute
- Place water spinach into the wok
- Add salt and sugar, cook for 3 minutes until water spinach soften and done