Sambal Cibiuk is sambal from Cibiuk, Garut, West Java. Although I have not had a chance to taste or see the sambal, i am desperate to make it for dinner a few days ago.
Maybe sambal that i made is a little different from the original sambal. But at least I use the basic ingredients that must exist in the sambal, tomato; chili; basil; galangan; and pokpohan, all green.
The pokpohan leaves use to reduce the heat that may be caused by the sambal. Anyway, The principle of sambal cibiuk is spicy but not hot 😉
- 5 cayenne pepper
- 3 green chilies
- 1 bunch basil/kemangi, taken leaves
- 10 pokpohan leaves
- 1 cm lesser galangal
- 3 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon toasted/fried dried shrimp paste
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Grind the cayenne pepper, green chili, lesser galangan, salt and shrimp paste
- Add brown sugar
- Add basil, pokpohan, and tomatoes, grind roughly
Ussualy this sambal serves with hot fried tempe. Yummi!